One dead after two-vehicle crash in Smith County
SMITH COUNTY – One person is dead after a September 19 two-vehicle crash Tuesday on Toll 49 Highway and US Highway 31.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), the crash involved a passenger car and a truck hauling cargo. The driver of the passenger car was pronounced dead at the scene, and the driver of the truck was taken to hospital for treatment. The identities of the drivers were not immediately released
Investigators were still at the scene of the accident as of this writing.
Filing your truck accident claim
Navigating a complicated truck accident claim and negotiating favorable settlement takes experience and knowledge. It’s just not something a person can do on one’s own. This is where qualified truck accident attorneys come in, because enlisting the services of an attorney with years of legal practice representing truck collision victims in Texas can tip the scale in your favor.
Under Texas law, there is a limit of two years from the date of the crash within which you can file a civil lawsuit following a truck accident. Regardless of how strong or compelling your case is, if it is not brought to a Texas court before the two-year “Statute of Limitations” is up, the law may take away your right to file it.
Contact the J. Gonzalez Law Firm
Not filing a claim on time will leave you with significant medical expenses and lost wages that you will not be able to recover. This makes it even more important to contact the personal injury experts at the J. Gonzalez Law Firm as soon as possible after your crash.
Our team of attorneys will unravel all the specifics of your case, including:
· Appointment of qualified accident scene investigators to visit the truck crash site
· Review of all police reports
· Review of all medical records and visits
· Accident reconstruction, when necessary
· Meeting with insurance adjusters
· Locating and reviewing available traffic camera recording evidence
· Locating additional eyewitnesses
· Conducting negotiations with the truck company’s legal and insurance representatives
· Demanding and reviewing copies of all documents and any additional evidence
Call us today at 1-800-CAR-CRASH for a free, no-obligation initial consultation.